Thursday, June 16, 2011

"My Presents" . . . and Their Future

Who doesn't love opening presents . . . and wrapping them!!!  I have a daughter-in-law who loves to wrap her presents with many pieces of tulle, lace and satin ribbons.  I get so excited when I open up a present she means for me.  I don't even sit down! It's all in the packaging.

I was thinking about all the various presents I have been blessed with over my lifetime.  More than anything, as a mother, my heart is forever entangled with those four hearts I delivered starting 47 years ago.

My sons and daughters have grown to be the parents of my 8 grandchildren.  They are now experiencing the joys and challenges raising their 6 sons and 2 daughters . . . so much of what I experienced.  These baby lives develop so quickly that before realization comes. . . they are grown.  How did I care for my presents . . . gifts from God?  I didn't realize that at the time, but now, because of His grace, I know he had a purpose and a plan for my life as he does for my children and my grandchildren . . . as He has for all His creation.

What do we know about unwrapping a present?  We can't just lift it up and toss it to the four winds and exclaim, "Isn't that so pretty!!!!"  We can't let our present float away into the air be stuck on a limb somewhere.


               Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old 
                         he will not depart from it.     Proverbs 22:5-7   NAS


But where is that guide . . . my instruction book????


                           God'd Word . . . The Holy Bible



 1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
 3 And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
 4 Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
 5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;
 6 rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth;
 7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 8 Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.
 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
 10 but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.
 12 For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.
 13 But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.
                                                                                                                      I Corinthians 13        NAS

This is a beautifiul portion of Scripture...very particularly as I am seeking to improve my own personal life.  Good to review from time to time.





No comments:

Post a Comment